Having great photos is an important part of helping you get noticed. Our research even shows that profiles with photos get 10 times more messages!
Part of maintaining a safe online dating environment means that all photos must meet our guidelines, and all photos are reviewed before they are posted - a process that may take a few hours. While we encourage you to post lots of pictures to help in your search for that special someone, we reserve the right to crop or even reject them.
Once approved, your photos will be visible to others on the site. If we can't approve an image, we'll notify you at your registered email address.
A few basic rules:
- Your Primary Photo: Has to be of you, and we insist that you be fully clothed. If more than one person is in the photo, you'll need to indicate which one you are. If a photo is of a pet, location, activity, etc., and isn't suited to be your main photo - we'll add it to your album.
- Size: Your picture must be smaller than 5 MB, and at least 1200 x 1200 pixels.
- Format: We accept the following digital file types: JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP, and GIF.
Reasons we reject photos:
While this list covers most rejection reasons, we reserve the right to reject any potentially offensive photo.
- Inappropriate content: This includes but is not limited to nudity or see-through clothing, sexually oriented, obscene, unsuitable hand gestures, racially, religiously, or ethnically offensive, etc.
- Copyrighted images: We strive to protect the intellectual and creative talent of artists and will not post copyrighted material. If you're submitting photos of artwork (drawings, caricatures, or other illustrations), or professional quality photos taken by you, please add a Caption stating the photo is your original artwork.
- Identifying information: This includes but is not limited to, license plates, email or web addresses, business names, advertisements, website links, visible street address numbers, etc.
- Illegal acts: This includes but is not limited to obscene, threatening, violent, etc.
- Military elements: anything that could jeopardize your anonymity (nametag, unit identification, etc.).
- No references to membership status are allowed in photo captions.